TEMPLE TOUR OF SOUTH INDIA Tour Package
₹79999/ per person
CHENNAI - KANCHIPURAM - MAHABALIPURAM - TIRUVANNAMALAI - PONDICHERRY - CHIDAMBARAM - TANJORE - TRICHY - MADURAI - KANYAKUMARI - TRIVANDRUM
- 12 Nights/ 13 Days
- Availability 15 Feb, 2023
Cancel up to 60 days before your trip and get a approx full refund, excluding service fees.
- KanyakumariBordered by the three seas - Arabian, Indian and the Bay of Bengal, Kanyakumari is the southernmost tip of Indian Peninsula. A small coastal town in the state of Tamil Nadu, Kanyakumari was earlier known as Cape Comorin. The town is a mountainous terrain amid three seas, with elevated patches of hills, coconut trees and lined with paddy fields. Kanyakumari is also the only place in India where you can observe the sunrise and sunset at the same beach. The town is not only popular for its unique phenomenon but also its beaches, temples, iconic monuments that attract a huge number of tourists throughout the year. The Kanyakumari Temple, Vivekananda Rock Memorial, Statue of the Poet Thiruvalluvar, the Padmanabhapuram Palace, the Vattakottai Fort, and the Gandhi Memorial are few of the most important sites in Kanyakumari. Waterfalls in Kanyakumari that you should not miss out on include the Thirparappu falls, the Courtallam Falls, and the Olakaruvi falls. Kanyakumari has an authentic South Indian cuisine, with seafood and coconuts being an integral part of almost all dishes. While Kanyakumari is not a traditional shopping destination, you can buy plenty of souvenirs and curios from the numerous stalls and boutiques dotting the beachfront, with decorative seashell trinkets being a must-buy.
- TrivandrumThe capital city of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram or Trivandrum is an appealing blend of a strongly rooted heritage and a nostalgic colonial legacy. Built upon seven hills, this city has long since left the days when it was only used by seafaring explorers behind - today, Trivandrum is a swanky metropolis with quaint urban charm and plenty of scenic places to visit. Proudly retaining its age-old cultural charm, Trivandrum offers a huge variety of sights including incredible museums, beautifully designed palaces, sacred temples and mesmerizing beaches, making the city one of the best tourist spots in South India.The Padmanabhaswamy temple (also known as Anantha Padmanabhaswamy temple), is a must-visit temple of India. Other famous temples in Trivandrum include the Attukal Bhagawati temple, the Aazhimala Siva Temple, the Karikkakom Chamundi Devi Temple, and the Pazhavangadi Ganapathy Temple.The city is home to a few museums such as the Kuthiramalika Palace Museum and the Napier Museum. The Kuthiramalika Palace Museum is situated close-by to the Padmanabhaswamy temple. Renowned for its Travancore styled architectural features and its structural elegance, this museum houses priceless paintings, traditional furniture, and other collections of the royal family.
Day 1 Chennai
Arrive Chennai - the gateway to southern India, established in 1639 by the East India Company, is one of the oldest cities of the country. Meet, assist and transfer to Hotel.
Day 2 Chennai
After Breakfast, half day sight seeing tour, visiting Gandhi Memorial, Kala Kshetra, Mylapore Temple, Marine Beach etc., Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 3 Chennai (Excursion - Tirupathi, 154 kms/3.5 hrs.)
After breakfast, proceed to Tirupathi. Lunch at local restaurant Tirupathi is a Temple Town known for the famous ancient temple of Lord Venkateswara (Lord of seven hills or Balaji, as he is affectionately known) on the top of the 860 mts. high Tirumala hills. The temple of Lord Venkateswara is not only believed to be amongst the oldest temples in the country, but also the richest of them all. Legend has it that Lord Venkateswara borrowed money from the divine treasurer Kubera for his wedding expenses. He is still paying back this debt which is why the pilgrims donate generously to the temple funds. In the evening return to Chennai for dinner and overnight stay at Chennai.
Day 4 Chennai - Kanchipuram - Mahabalipuram
After breakfast drive to Kanchipuram (76 kms/01.50 hrs.) is the ancient capital of the Pallavas famous as a city of 1000 Temples and still has 124 shrines. The first temple dedicated to Shiva was built in the 7th and 8th century & has paintings on the walls. Temples of Ekambaswara, Kailasanatha, Sri Kamakshi and Varadarajaswamy are of interest. Kanchipuram is also famous for its silks. Lunch at local restaurant and later drive to Mahabalipuram and check in at hotel. Afternoon visit the city - built in 7th century, earlier called Mahabalipooram, this ancient Pallava Port, is today the sight of several antique sculptural marvels. In this ancient seaside town, shrines And huge sculptures cut-out of rocks more than 1200 years back during the reign of Pallava Kings in the region can be seen. The rock carvings depicting mythological episodes - of demons, Gods and animals in battle and others - are truly poems in stone. The only shore temple which remains here is the spectacular two - spire shrine, unique because it houses both Lord Shiva and the Lord Vishnu in its sanctum-sanctorum. Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 5 Mahabalipuram - Thiruvannamalai - Pondicherry
After breakfast drive to Tiruvannamallai (112 kms/03 hrs.) - a pilgrim centre with an ancient temple of Lord Shiva. After lunch at local restaurant, proceed to Pondicherry (131kms/ 3.5hrs), which carries a strong whiff of the French presence in India. This erstwhile French colony on the east coast of South India merged with the rest of the country in 1954. Legend says that Pondicherry is the place where St. Agasthaya settled down. Check-in to the Hotel. Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 6 Pondicherry
After breakfast drive to visit Aurbindo Ashram, the city of dawn, which is 10 kms north of Pondicherry. This Ashram promotes Aurbindo's ideas in bringing about a synthesis of Yoga and modern science, so as to unite the spirit and matter. After lunch at hotel, visit Auroville - a unique experiment in international living and in creating a new environment where men and women of all nationalities live together in harmony. Dinner and overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 7 Pondicherry - Chidambaram - Tanjore
After breakfast drive to Chidambaram (65 kms/1.5 hrs.) also called as Thillai, which has the famous Nataraja Temple with the root of the sanctum-sanctorum covered with golden plates is located in the centre of the town covering an area of 40 acres. In this temple, postures from the Bharatnatayam form of dance are depicted in sculpture. Natraja is Lord Shiva as a cosmic dancer. In the afternoon, drive to Thanjavur (104 kms/03 hrs.) enroute visiting the Brass factory at Kumbakonam. Tanjore once the capital of Chola Kings, has the Brahadeswara temple(or the big temple of God). The Temple Tower rises to a height of 15 mts. from a square base of 29 mts. and then tapers off, making a total of 66 mts. Check in to the hotel. Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 8 Tanjore - Trichy (54 kms/02 hrs.)
After breakfast leave for Trichy, short name of Trichurapalli, situated on the banks of Kaveri River is a blend of history and tradition as well as pilgrim centre, it is famous for Ranganath temple at Srirangam. Check in at hotel. After lunch city tour visiting Rock Fort and its temple at a height of over 23 mts. Also visit Srirangam and Jambukeshwar Temple. Dinner and overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 9 Trichy - Madurai (133 kms/3.5 hrs.)
After breakfast proceed to Madurai and checkin at hotel. The ancient city of Madurai, some 2600 years old is laid out in the banks of river Vaigai as a lotus flower with the Meenakshi temple in the centre. After lunch city tour visiting Meenakshi Temple, King Tirumala's Palace, Mariamman Tepakkulam and Alagar Kovil. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 10 Madurai (Excursion-Rameshwaram, 154 kms/04 hrs.)
After breakfast, proceed to Rameshwaram - the most sacred temple town of India is an island hallowed by the epic Ramayana, where Lord Rama is said to have visited before going into battle of Srilanka. Legend has it that Lord Rama sent Hanuman to Mount Kailash to bring a Lingam for worship when he set foot after defeating Ravana. As Hanuman did not return when the auspicious hour was approaching, Sita made a sand Lingam so that worship could be performed in time, which is where the present day Ramanatha Swamy Temple stands close to sea on the eastern side of the Island. One of the twelve Jyotirlingam shrines is also well known for its magnificent corridors and the massive sculptured pillars lining them. Return to Madurai for Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 11 Madurai - Kanyakumari (258 kms/07 hrs.)
After breakfast drive to Kanyakumari - is the lands end of India where the water of the Arabian Sea, the Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean meet. An important pilgrim centre of India, it is famous for the Amman Temples - a symbol of unity and sanctity - dedicated to the virgin Goddess, Kanya Kumari. To its South - East lies the famous Vivekananda Rock Memorial, dedicated to Indian Saint Vivekananda, who meditated on this very rock before he proceeded to West to propagate Hinduism, where otherwise was perceived as a barbaric religion. Also is a recently erected memorial of Thiruvalluvar, a Tamil saint who had written the Thirukkural, containing 1330 verses for a better living for every human. Evening view the sunset at the southern most tip of India, where the 3 seas meet (Namely Indian Ocean in the south, Arabian sea in the west and Bay of Bengal in the east). Overnight at Hotel.
Day 12 Kanyakumari - Trivandrum (87 kms/02 hrs.)
Early morning view the beautiful sunrise from at top the hotels terrace. Visit to Suchindram and proceed to Trivandrum, enroute visit Padmanabapuram Palace, arrive Trivandrum. Arrive and visit Padmanabaswamy Temple from outside, visit the Palace and the City Palace Museum.
Day 13 Trivandrum
After breakfast transfer to Airport to connect flight for onward Journey.
|Total Nights:||Chennai - 3 Mahabalipuram - 1 Pondicherry - 2 Tanjore - 1 Trichy - 1 Madurai - 2 Kanyakumari - 1 Trivandrum - 1|
TEMPLE TOUR OF SOUTH INDIA Tour Package Cost Includes:-
- Hotel accommodation on Twin Sharing basis for 12 Nights.
- Daily Buffet breakfast.
- Services of English Speaking Guides for Sightseeing.
- Car for Sightseeing and excursions as per our Itinerary.
- All Transfers in a private Car.
TEMPLE TOUR OF SOUTH INDIA Tour Package Cost Excludes:-
- Air Fare / Train Fare.
- Any meals other than those specified in "Cost Includes".
- Expenses of personal nature such as Tips, Telephone calls, Laundry, Liquor etc.
- Any other item not specified in "Cost Includes".
- Entrance fees during Sightseeing.
TEMPLE TOUR OF SOUTH INDIA Tour Package Notes
- * Service Tax extra as applicable on above rates.
- * Please read Terms & Condition as mentioned in Booking Form.
TEMPLE TOUR OF SOUTH INDIA Tour Package Terms & Conditions
- Tourist can enroll His / Her / their name(s) for the tour by paying a deposit (non-refundable) of INR 3000/- per person for Booking of any class in train and / or by air, additional difference amount is required. The difference should also be paid in advance. The Balance amount should be paid 15 days prior to the date of departure. If the balance amount is not paid before 15 days, it will be deemed as cancelled and the deposit will not be refunded. We reserve the right to cancel the tour, alter the Routes, Carriers, Time-Tables, Itinerary and Accommodation without prior notice.
- Tourist travels at their own risk. Neither the tour operator nor their representatives or staff accept any liabilities or responsibilities for any Damage, Loss, Injury, Accident, Death etc. during the tour howsoever it might have caused.
- It is necessary to book at least 60 days in advance before the schedule departure of the tour. We do not accept any responsibilities and liabilities for the Railway Tickets of the passengers who book with us for less than 60 days from the scheduled departure of the train. If we have to make any alternate arrangement, then the extra cost of making alternate arrangement should be borne by the passengers only.
- Berth Nos. & Coach Nos. of Railway Tickets are allotted by the computer and therefore passengers have to accept as they are given.
- There will be NO SERVICES & MEALS DURING TRAIN / BUS JOURNEYS.
- Any increase in Air / Bus Fares should be borne by the passenger only.
- We have published the names of the Hotels for each tour, even though we reserve the right to change the same, if the accommodation is not available in the Identified / Specified Hotel for the particular package tour due to reasons beyond our control. We shall make all our best efforts to shift the passengers to the Hotel maintaining / having more or less the same standards. No refund will be allowed when we have provided alternative / similar accommodation. The rooms shall be allotted as per the check-in time of the respective Hotels, and they shall have to be vacated as per the check-out time of the Hotel.
- The management reserves the right to take all necessary steps including suspending the passengers who creates trouble for the management or to the other fellow passengers.
- If due to any reason beyond our control like riots, accidents, flood, political unrest, bandh calls or any natural, or man made calamities, the tour programme needs to be changed or extended, then the additional expenditure for the same will be borne by the passengers. If any passenger has to leave the tour mid way due to any reason, then there shall be no refund for the remaining part of the tour and the expenses for returning back shall also be borne by the passengers only.
- If due to any reason beyond our control, we have to cancel some sight seeing places, there shall be no refund for the same. If a tour is cancelled from our part then the cost and responsibility of organising the new tour will be of passengers only.
- Any complain regarding our services like Hotels, Bus, etc, passengers are advised to inform our office immediately by Phone / Fax so that the same can be re-addressed on the spot, no complains or refund for the same be entertained after completion of the tour.
- Any dispute / claims subject to Surat Jurisdiction.
- Any change / additional Govt. Service tax levied must born by the passengers.
- Timings mentioned in the itinerary for the Bus / Flight journey are estimated only. There are frequent chances of delay in arrival / departure at destination due to various reasons.
- Postponement of journey is not allowed. It will be treated as cancellation and accordingly the cancellation charges will be applicable.
- Preponement of journey is not allowed. It will be treated as cancellation and accordingly the cancellation charges will be applicable.
- Child (5-11 yrs) with extra bed rate will be given only mattress in the parents room. Child up to 4 years will not be given any extra bed and no seats in train and bus.
- There will be NO refund for any unutilized service on the tour.
- We are Travel Agent and Holiday Organizers only and act as an agent for clients on one side and the operator of the various facilities on the other side in the best interest of the clients. We do not own any Hotel & do not operate or control any Airlines, other services like transport services / guides, Although we try our best to arrange and render best services yet we do not hold any responsibility on any account whatsoever of the performance of the Hotels, Airlines, Guide Services, Transport Services, opening of the sightseeing places, other services or anything else on which we do not have direct control. We do not bear any responsibility & shall not be liable, whatsoever for any dissatisfaction, loss of life and property, death, damages etc. Caused by the act or default or management or employees of such independent contractors and also any consequences arising out of natural calamities, strikes, breakdown and facilities, accidents, negligence, delay in services of all concerned and for any act of omission or inconveniences caused in connection with the travel facility etc. We shall not be responsible for any loss / damage / claim / financial compensation and any liability in any form / in any respect and on any account whatsoever. It is advisable to take comprehensive insurance including illness, accidental or anyother events.
- Cancellation will be accepted in writing only / per person
- Between 1 month to 16 days prior to the scheduled departure of tour . . . . . 25%
- Between 15 days to 6 days prior to the scheduled departure of tour . . . . . 50%
- Before 5 days of schedule departure of tour . . . . . 75%
- After departure of tour . . . . . 100%