Bhutan Tour Package
₹34999/ per person
Phuentsholing - Thimphu - Wangdu/Punakha - Paro
- 7 Nights/ 8 Days
- Availability 26 Dec, 2023
Cancel up to 60 days before your trip and get a approx full refund, excluding service fees.
Bhutan Tour Package Destination Details
- PhuentsholingThe second largest town in Bhutan, Phuentsholing shares its borders with the Indian State of West Bengal. Serving as an entry point for travellers from Kolkata and Siliguri, it is an important economic hub of Bhutan. An urban centre, it is more developed than most of the towns of Bhutan, yet it has a perfect amount of nature's touch. It offers an experience like nothing else. Home to different communities, it's a must-visit place in Bhutan.Phuentsholing is a town on the southern border of Bhutan, known for its modern architecture. It is a valuable trading centre of Bhutan, where Indians, Nepalese and Bhutanese all come together to live and trade harmoniously in this town.On your trip to Phuentsholing, you must visit Zangto Pelri Lhakhang, Karbandi Monastery, Bhutan Gate and Kharbandi Goemba. Zangto Pelri Lhakhang is a small temple dedicated to Guru Rinpoche. An exquisite example of the traditional Bhutanese architecture, Bhutan Gate is the main gateway for entry from India. The Amo Chuu, which is the Crocodile Breeding Centre, breeds almost extinct species like Ghariyals and alligators. Karbandi Monastery or Karbandi Goemba is a temple with giant statues of Shabdrung Ngawang, Guru Rinpoche and Shakyamuni Buddha. The temple has a rich history and offers a fantastic view.The market of Phuentsholing is quite good and sells all kinds of products ranging from electricals to footwears to eatables. If you long for a peaceful and serene walk, then Torsa riverside is the place for you. No vehicles are allowed on the riverside, and the view and natural beauty leave you awestruck. This town is a must-visit if you want to experience a day or two of solidarity and peace.
- ThimphuThimphu is known as the heart of Bhutan nestled in its central-western part. Replaced by Bhutan's ancient capital - Punakha, Thimphu was declared the capital city of the Himalayan Kingdom in the year 1961. Originally pronounced as 'Thimbu', the city is known as the most modernised place in Bhutan with internet cafes, restaurants and pubs.The Nightlife in Thimphu is also one of its highlights. However, Thimphu still holds on to the Bhutanese Traditions as it houses various architectural structures like the Buddha Dordenma, which marks your entry to Thimphu. The Motithang district of Thimphu also preserves the national animal of Bhutan - The Takin. With institutions like Textile Museum, Library, Art schools and the weekend market; the city isn't just a heritage centre but a cultural site as well. An hour drive from Paro International Airport, the city of Thimphu is a blend of both tradition and modernity. It is also known as the only capital that doesn't have any traffic lights installed.
- PunakhaPunakha is one of the 20 districts (dzongkhags) of Bhutan bordered by the Gasa, Wangdue Phodrang and Thimphu districts. Located at the height of 1200m above sea level, Punakha offers a mesmerising view of the Himalayas.It is also fertile as the two rivers - Po Chhu and Mo Chhu converge here in the Punakha Valley making it an excellent terrain for rice cultivation. Located at a proximal distance from Thimphu around 72kms, Punakha can be reached within 3 hours. It is usually warmer in Punakha as compared to Thimphu or Paro, making it an ideal destination any time of the year.Punakha was the former capital of Bhutan until 1955 which was later given to Thimphu. Home to plenty of slopes, the valley is an excellent place for mountain biking and trekking. Apart from this, Bhutan's most popular adventure sport- river rafting is carried out in the Po Chhu River. Punakha is also famously known to house the second oldest dzong of Bhutan - the Punakha Dzong, and even hosting the first national assembly in the year 1953. It is a beautifully designed dzong that showcases the architectural brilliance of Bhutan.
- ParoParo is a small town situated in the Paro Valley of Bhutan. It is one of the most fertile as well as historic valley of Bhutan which is the widest in the Kingdom. It is home to 155 temples and monasteries dating back to the 14th century and also Bhutan's sole international airport. The Paro Airport is the largest International Airport of Bhutan and has been one of the prime locations for numerous tourist visit. It is known to be the most challenging airport to land on.With mesmerising landscape, Paro is dotted with traditionally built houses as well as paddy fields. One of the iconic monasteries of Bhutan- The Tiger's nest or the Taktsang, is situated over a cliff in Paro. Apart from this, Paro has numerous sites that are worth visiting, from Monasteries to Museums like the Rinpung Dzong, National Museum of Bhutan and the Paro weekend Market for the Shopaholics.Paro is both the name of the district as well as a town located within the region. The city is known to be situated at the height of about 2280 metres on the banks of Paro Chu river, which is spread across an area of 1259 sq.m. The Paro Chhu river is the lifeline of Paro, adding a glorious touch to it. Paro town was formed in the year 1985, which now consists of colourfully painted shops lined all across the street. Over the years, Paro has been transformed enormously, and this is one of the prime reasons for the increase in tourist activity.
Day 1: Arrival in Phuentsholing (Distance: 180km/ Driving Time: 4 hrs.)
On arrival in Phuentsholing, check into the hotel and proceed for entry permit/visa formality. Overnight in Phuentsholing
Day 02: Phuentsholing to Thimphu (Distance: 176km/ Driving Time: 6 hrs.)
After the breakfast, we will drive to see nearby Zangtog Pelri Lhakhang in the heart of the town and Kharbandi Gonpa before proceeding to Thimphu. The drive to Thimphu is very scenic, once we climb up from the Indian plain to Bhutan foot hills through beautiful forest, towns and road side villages. Our drive will pass through Gedu, Chukha, and Chuzom before emerging ourselves into the only multi culture city in Bhutan. Check into the hotel, evening we will explore the city by walk. Overnight in Thimphu.
Day 03: Thimphu Sightseeing
After breakfast visit Kuensel Phodrang (Buddha Statue) world largest sitting Buddha statue which gives awesome views of Thimphu valley, National Memorial Chorten (Stupas) which remembers the father of modern Bhutan. Folk Heritage Museum gives inside of living arts of Bhutanese life of rural Bhutan. Visit National Textile Museum, it showcased the wonderful art of weaving. Exhibitions organised in the museum introduce the major weaving techniques, styles of local dress and textiles made by local women and men. Later visit Changangkha Monastery the oldest temple in the valley, Takin Preserve Centre, the national animal of Bhutan can be seen here. Overnight stay at Thimphu.
Day 04: Thimphu - Punakha/Wangdue Sightseeing (Distance: 77km/ Driving Time: 3hrs)
After the breakfast, we will prepare to drive to warm valley of Punakha over the most beautiful pass in the country called Dochula pass at 3150m. 108 Druk Wangyel Chortens built over the pass by queen mother in 2003 marks the pass more important and beautiful thus the pass is one the must visit passes in Bhutan. If the weather permits, we can enjoy a spectacular view of the highest mountains of Bhutan at a sight that stretches almost 180 degrees. After a photo break, we will continue our drive downhill from the pass. After noon visit Punakha Dzong - built in 1637 by Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyal. The Dzong was named Druk Pungthang Dechen Phodrang (Palace of Great Happiness). Punakha is still the winter residence of Je-Khenpo religious head of Bhutan. King Jigme Dorji Wangchuck convened the first National Assembly here in 1952. Arrival at Punakha check in at hotel. Evening free for leisure. Overnight stay at Punakha / Wangdue.
Day 05: Punakha/Wangdue - Paro Sightseeing (Distance: 140km/ Driving Time: 4.5 hrs)
After breakfast drive to Paro , via Dochula pass, the most beautiful pass in Bhutan. En-route take a short excursion trip to visit the Chhimi Lhakhang - The Temple, also known as “The Temple of Fertility” was built by Lama Drukpa Kuenley, “The Devine Mad Man”. On arrival in Paro, we will enjoy outdoor activities at Souvenir House on additional cost (INR 500/head) you get to enjoy wearing Bhutanese dress, enjoy shooting archery and playing dart. Overnight stay at Paro.
Day 06: Paro sightseeing
After the breakfast, we will drive to Ramthangka from where we will hike to Taktsang Monastery or often called Tiger Nest Temple which is built around a cave in which Guru Rimpoche (also known as Guru Padmasambhava) meditated. The eighth century old monastery is perched on a rock overlooking a sheer drop and clings seemingly impossible to a cliff of rock at 900m above the valley floor. For entire Buddhist around the world, it is place of pilgrimage but for a tourist, it is one of the must visit place before we die. The hike is almost 2 hours walk, uphill at 30 to 40 degree inclined for an average hiker however we might take full day depending on your pace. First of half of the hike which we pull-up, up to cafeteria feels never ending however from the half way due to magical structure right inform us, we are all energized to push further and you actually feel very near. Finally you are done and filled with joys of happiness to be at Taktshang. For the return journey, we actually feel like walking down very fast. For those who cannot go to Tiger Nest, we will give the optional visit to Drukgyel Dzong & Kitchu Monastery. Overnight stay at Paro.
Day 07: Paro to Phuentsholing (Distance: 172Km/ Driving Time: 6 hrs.)
After our breakfast we will retrace our scenic drive back to Phuentsholing. Relax in the hotel and get prepared for your departure the next day. Overnight in Phuentsholing.
Day 08: Departure
End of the tours, departure for your onward journey.
Bhutan Tour Package Cost Includes:-
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in Standard hotels.
- English Speaking Guide for the sightseeing only.
- Transport and sightseeing as per the itinerary, vehicles to be used based on group size (Bagdogra pick up & drop)
- daily breakfast, lunch & dinner in the hotel (buffet set menu).
- Route permits for visiting municipal areas only (Punakha, Wangdue & further).
Bhutan Tour Package Cost Excludes:-
- 5% GST Extra Applicable.
- Flight fare (Kolkata/Delhi).
- Entrance/Monument Visiting Fees.
- Travel Insurance.
- Personal Expenses (tea/coffee/drinks/shopping/phone calls/laundry/breakage).
- Extra Services if taken (rafting, cycling, playing archery, hot stone bat, etc).
- Room upgrade charges incase required.
- Anything which is not mentioned in the inclusion are not included.
Bhutan Tour Package Notes
- Please read the Terms & Conditions as mentioned in our Booking Form before booking the Tour.
- The above rates are based on minimum 25 Adult Person.
- The above rates are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Maharaj Food, Lunch & Wonder Earth Tour Tour Escort will only be provided if group size is more than 25 pax.
- High season surcharge applicable.
Bhutan Tour Package Terms & Conditions
- Tourist can enroll His / Her / their name(s) for the tour by paying a deposit (non-refundable) of INR 5000/- per person For booking of any class in train and / or by air, additional difference amount is required. The difference should also be paid in advance. The balance amount should be paid 30 days prior to the date of departure. If the balance amount is not paid before 30 days, it will be deemed as cancelled and the deposit will not be refunded. We reserve the right to cancel the tour, alter the routes, carriers, time-tables, itinerary and accommodation without prior notice.
- Tourist travels at their own risk. Neither the tour operator nor their representatives or staff accept any liabilities or responsibilities for any damage, loss, injury, accident, death etc, during the tour howsoever it might have caused.
- It is necessary to book at least 120 days in advance before the schedule departure of the tour. We do not accept any responsibilities and liabilities for the railway tickets of the passengers who book with us for less than 120 days from the scheduled departure of the train. If we have to make any alternate arrangement, then the extra cost of making alternate arrangement should be borne by the passengers only.
- Berth Nos. & Coach Nos. of Railway Tickets are allotted by the computer and therefore passengers have to accept as they are given.
- There will be NO SERVICES & MEALS DURING TRAIN / BUS JOURNEYS.
- Any increase in Air / Bus Fares should be borne by the passenger only.
- We have published the names of the Hotels for each tour, even though we reserve the right to change the same, if the accommodation is not available in the Identified / Specified Hotel for the particular package tour due to reasons beyond our control. We shall make all our best efforts to shift the passengers to the Hotel maintaining / having more or less the same standards. No refund will be allowed when we have provided alternative / similar accommodation. The rooms shall be allotted as per the check-in time of the respective Hotels, and they shall have to be vacated as per the check-out time of the Hotel.
- The management reserves the right to take all necessary steps including suspending the passengers who creates trouble for the management or to the other fellow passengers.
- If due to any reason beyond our control like riots, accidents, flood, political unrest, bandh calls or any natural, or man made calamities, the tour programme needs to be changed or extended, then the additional expenditure for the same will be borne by the passengers. If any passenger has to leave the tour mid way due to any reason, then there shall be no refund for the remaining part of the tour and the expenses for returning back shall also be borne by the passengers only.
- If due to any reason beyond our control, we have to cancel some sight seeing places, there shall be no refund for the same. If a tour is cancelled from our part then the cost and responsibility of organising the new tour will be of passengers only.
- Any complain regarding our services like Hotels, Bus, etc, passengers are advised to inform our office immediately by Phone / Fax so that the same can be re-addressed on the spot, no complains or refund for the same be entertained after completion of the tour.
- Any dispute / claims subject to Surat Jurisdiction.
- Any change / additional Govt. Service tax levied must born by the passengers.
- Timings mentioned in the itinerary for the Bus / Flight journey are estimated only. There are frequent chances of delay in arrival / departure at destination due to various reasons.
- Postponement of journey is not allowed. It will be treated as cancellation and accordingly the cancellation charges will be applicable.
- Preponement of journey is not allowed. It will be treated as cancellation and accordingly the cancellation charges will be applicable.
- Child (5-11 yrs) with extra bed rate will be given only mattress in the parents room. Child up to 4 years will not be given any extra bed and no seats in train and bus.
- There will be NO refund for any unutilized service on the tour.
- We are Travel Agent and Holiday Organizers only and act as an agent for clients on one side and the operator of the various facilities on the other side in the best interest of the clients. We do not own any Hotel & do not operate or control any Airlines, other services like transport services / guides, Although we try our best to arrange and render best services yet we do not hold any responsibility on any account whatsoever of the performance of the Hotels, Airlines, Guide Services, Transport Services, opening of the sightseeing places, other services or anything else on which we do not have direct control. We do not bear any responsibility & shall not be liable, whatsoever for any dissatisfaction, loss of life and property, death, damages etc. Caused by the act or default or management or employees of such independent contractors and also any consequences arising out of natural calamities, strikes, breakdown and facilities, accidents, negligence, delay in services of all concerned and for any act of omission or inconveniences caused in connection with the travel facility etc. We shall not be responsible for any loss / damage / claim / financial compensation and any liability in any form / in any respect and on any account whatsoever. It is advisable to take comprehensive insurance including illness, accidental or anyother events.
- If the Guest decides to cancel the tour for any reason whatsoever then s/he shall give a written application to the Company within specified time limit along with original receipt issued by the Company. Such cancellation will attract cancellation charges stated hereunder.
- Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation
- Cancellation charges for any type of transport ticket are applicable as per the rules of the concerned authority.
- Air tickets issued on special fares are NON REFUNDABLE and Guest shall bear cancellation charges.
- Any refund payable to the Guest will be paid after the Company receives refund from the respective authorities. The Company deducts processing charges from the refund to be paid to the Guest.
- From the date of booking to 46 days prior to the scheduled departure of tour . . . . . 25%
- Between 45 days to 31 days prior to the scheduled departure of tour . . . . . 50%
- Between 30 days to 16 days prior to the scheduled departure of tour . . . . . 75%
- Before 15 days to 08 days of schedule departure of tour . . . . . 90%
- 07 days to the date of departure of tour . . . . . 100%